Strategic goals and activities
Strategic goal 1: Network impact on national policies
• Advocacy for inclusion of gender sensitive prevention programs in the educational system (on primary, secondary and university level) including the education system for persons with disabilities;
• Collecting data from existing research and analysis, accommodation and acceptance of victims by the members;
• Preparation of reports to the Ministry of Education and Science which will be based on arguments from research/analysis;
• Independent monitoring of the implementation of national strategy;
• Monitoring of the implementation on local action plans regarding the quality of services in a few pilot municipalities and analysis of the application of the legislation at local level;
• Proposal for development of new or modification of existing legislation;
• Advocating and lobbying for the adoption of international documents including the draft convention of the Council of Europe.
Strategic goal 2: Promoting the issue of violence against women and domestic violence
• Marking the world days of combat of violence on women and domestic violence;
• Sending protest letters on certain issues regarding the violence of women and domestic violence (individual cases);
• Celebrating anniversaries for relevant conventions;
• Organizing info days regarding issues on violence against women and domestic violence in front of competent institutions and general public;
• Preventive activities-campaigns, educational debates for the general public, promoting legislation etc.
• Gender sensitization and promoting international documents associated with violence against women including domestic violence form the competent institutions, organizations etc.
Strategic goal 3: Strengthening the inner capacity and coordinated action of the network
• Creating mechanisms for coordination among members for improved services for the victims;
• Developing a support program for people who work directly with victims;
• Training and seminars to improve the models for working with the victims;
• Study visits;
• Supporting members in the process for receiving accreditation;
• Building the capacity of the network based on predetermined needs of the
• Mapping the resources that which they act individual members have as well as the areas in
Strategic goal 4: Improving the model for protection of victims implemented by CSOs
• Encouragement to develop a system for internal self-evaluation;
• Developing a questionnaire to assess the satisfaction of service users in order to improve them;
• External evaluation (supervision) of the CSOs work;
• Promoting and developing models for working with (perpetrators of offenses as a result of domestic violence);
• Developing programs in order to reach women and children with disabilities, women from rural areas and children from foster home;
• Promoting and developing models for economic empowerment of victims of domestic violence especially in terms of cooperation with business sector2;
• Developing code of ethics for work with victims.
Strategic goal 5: Developing international (regional) cooperation
• Collecting information for seminars and training in the region and beyond disseminating information through the network list;
• Membership in international networks worldwide.
Activities that the network won’t conduct
• The network will not offer direct services towards the victims of domestic violence (hotlines, shelters, free legal aid, psycho-social assistance, victim support, etc.);
• The network will not fulfill activities which are overlapping with the activities of individual members without prior consultation and agreement with them;
• The network will not represent or give support to activities of political parties.